I never thought it would happen, but it did. I got to watch The Dark Knight on the big screen! I was afraid I was going to watch it on video, like I did Batman Begins. It definitely lived up to the hype.
- Heath Ledger was outstanding! My favorite part was when he was dressed as a nurse and he was walking away from the Gotham General Hospital. Chaplin-like goodness!
- Aaron Eckhart also delivered a good Two-Face performance.
- Morgan Freeman remained unfazed and morally upright as Lucius Fox.
- Christian Bale was still convincing as the suave playboy (although he’s a tad thinner this time), amazing as the intelligent Bruce Wayne, and menacing as The Dark Knight.
- And as always, Michael Caine‘s Alfred gets the best lines.
- Gary Oldman delivers a solid performance as Jim Gordon, but I can’t help feeling that he wasn’t in the movie as much as I’d like him to.
- Maggie Gyllenhaal did well, too, but it felt like that of all the characters Rachel Dawes is given the least priority.
- And it was a pleasant surprise to see Cillian Murphy reprise his role as Scarecrow!
As with the previous movie, you’re left a bit sad when the credits roll. Somehow they did away with two non-comic characters, and that makes me sad because I really liked one of them. (The other one, not so much anymore, after the letter that person left. 😛 )
But this is Batman we’re talking about, so I really shouldn’t expect walking away from the silver screen happy, should I?
Looking forward to the next!